Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Product Review #6 - Doggie Mouthwash Part 3


Update on the Nylabone Liquid Tartar Remover: Again, I did not see any obvious difference in the tartar build up.

Here's another attempt at using a water additive. This time I got the Nutri-Vet Bresh Fresh Dental Rinse for Dogs.

Again, like the Nylabone version, I didn't like it as much as the Arm & Hammer version. It wasn't as effective at getting rid of bad breath, and there weren't any obvious decrease or increase in the plaque and tartar. There wasn't a weird minty after smell though, which was nice. For this one, I had to mix 3/4 capfuls of the rinse for every 8 oz. One thing odd that I noticed was the presence of more dead bugs in my dogs' water the next day. It was normal to find a dead bug every once in a while, but I've noticed at least 2 or more dead bugs everyday lately. Now, I don't know if this was caused by the rinse or maybe it's because it's just bug season, but ever since I changed to this brand, I have found more bugs. Strange coincidence? Maybe. Petsmart sells the 8 oz online for $5.27, and Amazon has the 32 oz for $13.75.

No comments:

Post a Comment