Sunday, April 29, 2012

Product Review #4 - Doggie Mouthwash Part 2


Update on the Arm & Hammer Pet Care Dental Water Additive: I did not see any obvious difference in the tartar build up. Maybe it's supposed to just prevent tartar instead of remove it? Either way. My old dog still needs his teeth professionally cleaned. The Dental Water does get rid of the bad breath, which is WONDERFUL.

I decided to try a different brand this time. This time I got the Nylabone Liquid Tartar Remover.

I don't like it as much as the Arm & Hammer version. It's not as effective at getting rid of bad breath. Not that it doesn't work. Using this is still better than not using anything at all, but there is still a little bit of stinky left. Also, it makes my dogs' breath smell weirdly minty. It works the same way as the Arm & Hammer version. You mix a tablespoon of the mouthwash to every 32 oz. of drinking water. Again, I ran into the problem where one of my dogs wouldn't drink it. I'll update later if I see a difference in the tartar buildup. Petsmart and Petco sells the 16 oz. bottle for $7.99. Amazon has the 32 oz. bottle for $13.99.

1 comment:

  1. I use the Arm and Hammer Dental Care Dental Additive as well, I don't see a decrease in tartar either, is there anything that would? Hopefully you'll be able to find something and will inform us? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete